RJMDE - Official publication of Romanian Association of Dental Education

Romanian Association for Dental Education

St.Mihail Kocalniceanu No2. Iasi

Official Website

ADRE.RO

Telephone

+40735.523.366

Romanian Journal of Medical and Dental Education Volum 9 Issue 1, 2020 CLINICAL STUDY ON ORAL HYGIENE IN PATIENTS WITH FIXED DENTAL PROSTHESES

CLINICAL STUDY ON ORAL HYGIENE IN PATIENTS WITH FIXED DENTAL PROSTHESES

Zinovia Surlari, Dragoș-Ioan Virvescu, Balcoș Carina, Cristina Iordache, Dana-Gabriela Budală, Elena Luca, Mihaela Scurtu, Oana Țănculescu

ABSTRACT

Aim of the study The aim of the study was to asses and increase the awareness and the knowledge regarding oral hygiene practice in patients with fixed dental protheses. Materials and method We performed a study in a cohort of fifty-four consecutive patients with FDPs, aged 25-55, attending the Fixed Prosthodontics Department during October 2017 – September 2019. Results Twenty (37%) patients do not use any oral hygiene aids to clean the prosthesis, the rest 34 (63%) using dental floss, mouthwash, interdental brushes or a combination of them Conclusions The main reason for not using any dental cleaning aids might be the lack of oral health instruction, the patients not being informed by the dentists, but also economical factor and the patient’s education and social background.

Download (PDF, 549KB)

Tags: , ,

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies || Prin continuarea navigarii pe acest site esti de acord cu utilizarea cookie-urilor more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. || journal.adre.ro utilizeaza fisiere de tip cookie pentru a personaliza si imbunatati experienta ta pe Website-ul nostru. Te informam ca ne-am actualizat politicile pentru a integra in acestea si in activitatea curenta a adre.ro cele mai recente modificari propuse de Regulamentul (UE) 2016/679 privind protectia persoanelor fizice in ceea ce priveste prelucrarea datelor cu caracter personal si privind libera circulatie a acestor date. inainte de a continua navigarea pe Website-ul nostru te rugam sa aloci timpul necesar pentru a citi si intelege continutul Politicii de Cookie. Prin continuarea navigarii pe Website-ul nostru confirmi acceptarea utilizarii fisierelor de tip cookie conform Politicii de Cookie. Nu uita totusi ca poti modifica in orice moment setarile acestor fisiere cookie urmand instructiunile din Politica de Cookie

Close